Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out if the transit is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather?
Check the ACTS website Alerts Page, ACTS Facebook page or check with 98.9FM CJCX radio or website or 101.5FM radio or website.
- How can I obtain a printed copy of the town bus schedule?
A printed version of the town schedule is available on the bus or please call the ACTS office at 902-867-0411 to obtain a copy. You can also download and print a copy of the Town Route & Schedule on the ACTS website.
- I’m a STFX student, how can I obtain a student pass?
There are student passes available for the academic year. Passes are available at the ACTS office, please call 902-867-0411 or they can be purchased from the student union building (Bloomfield Center).
- How can I find out which buses and routes are wheelchair accessible?
The town route is accessible through the use of the two town buses. The rural areas can be accommodated by appointment. Please contact the ACTS office at 902-867-0411 for bookings.
- How can I provide feedback about my travel experience?
We are always looking for feedback to improve our services. Please feel free to send us a letter (Unit 3, 133 Church St., Antigonish, NS, B2G 2E3), an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact us via telephone at 902-867-0411. You can also fill out your comment on our Contact page. All feedback is provided to the Board of Directors.
- How can I pay for my bus pass?
Tickets can be purchased at the ACTS office or on a bus. Exact amount preferred for purchase on the bus. See Routes & Fares for details.
- Can I eat or drink on the ACTS vehicles?
Our preference is to refrain from eating and drinking on any of our vehicles.
- Can I bring my dog on an ACTS vehicle?
Only service dogs are permitted on ACTS vehicles. Many people have allergies to pets.
- How can I retrieve a lost item?
Any lost items are turned over to the general manager. Please call the ACTS office at 902-867-0411.
- How do I report suspicious activity?
Please report any suspicions or concerns to the general manager at 902-867-0411.
- Can I leave shopping bags on the bus while I am shopping at a different location?
ACTS cannot take responsibility for this. Any bags or goods you leave on the bus are your responsibility.
- How do I make suggestions for improvements?
- I am a person with a disability. Will staff assist me with accessing and disembarking ACTS vehicles?
Absolutely! We strive to accommodate the needs of our customers.
- Can I use unused daily bus passes for future trips?
No, the town bus passes are date stamped for a specific day for two rides. If one trip is used on a specific day, the remaining trip is void if not used.
- Are there convenience passes available.
Yes, all convenience passes include ten (10) passes. Please contact the ACTS office at 902-867-0411 for information and prices. You can also learn details on our Routes & Fares page.
- Are there monthly or yearly passes available?
Other than the STFX student pass, we do not offer other passes at this time.
- Are the ACTS vehicles scent free?
Yes. We offer a scent free environment.
- If I have a complaint, who do I contact?
Please contact the general manager at 902-867-0411 to report the complaint. It will be reviewed and investigated.
- If I see a driver texting or talking on the phone while the vehicle is in motion, what can I do?
If possible, try and take a photograph of the driver engaged in this illegal activity. Please contact the general manager at 902-867-0411. Actions of this nature are not accepted. Safety is paramount.