In the event that severe weather affects the ability of the service to continue, the following policy will apply:
When a storm is forecasted for the region and local schools are closed, ACTS may cancel all transportation for that day (or, after reassessment, part of the day). Poor driving conditions may prove unsafe to carry passengers.
The decision to cancel, for all or part of the day, will be left to the General Manager. The General Manager will make the decision and carry out the following procedure:
- The decision will be made early in the morning and a cancellation announcement will be made on the local radio stations, 989 XFM and 101.5 FM The Hawk, sometime after 6:30 am. The cancellation will also be posted on these radio stations’ websites, as well as on the ACTS website and Facebook Page, to inform the general public.
- There will be a message on the ACTS office voice mail at 902-867-0411 to notify incoming calls of the cancellation.
- Clients are responsible for rebooking cancelled Medical appointments.
- Transportation will be cancelled for all clients attending employment workshops, and educational courses even if the place of business remains open.
- Drives for Dialysis or surgeries may or may not be cancelled depending on road conditions at the time of departure. If the ride is cancelled, the scheduled driver will phone the client to inform them if unable to go.
- If clients have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 902-867-0411 for the latest details concerning our storm policy.